Alka-Seltzer Effervescent Tablets Original - 24 Tablets
- SKU: 189432
- UPC: 01650004011
- Size: 24 Tablets
- Manufacturer: BAYER INC
Fully dissolve tablets in 4 ounces of water before taking. Adults and children 12 years and over: 2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours. Adults 60 years and over: 2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor. Do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours.
Per Tablet: Aspirin 325 mg; Citric Acid 1000 mg; Sodium Bicarbonate (Heat-Treated) 1916 mg
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers should not use this medicine for chicken pox or flu symptoms before a doctor is consulted about Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness reported to be associated with aspirin. Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include: hives, facial swelling, asthma (wheezing), shock. Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take aspirin or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Aspirin may cause stomach bleeding. Do not use: if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer. Ask a doctor before use if you have: asthma, ulcers, bleeding problems; stomach problems that last or come back frequently, such as heartburn, upset stomach, or pain; a sodium-restricted diet. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are: presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs; taking a prescription drug for anticoagulation (blood thinning), diabetes, gout, or arthritis. When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage. Stop use and ask a doctor if: an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away; symptoms get worse or last more than 10 days; redness or swelling is present; ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs; new symptoms occur. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery. Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.